No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just stopping by, been along time since ive been in the supplement world, S&C isnt very profitable and I barely afford to take protein/multis anymore
    glad to see your getting more and more off the xfit bug
    keep it up with pendlay in time i am sure he will bring you fitness & performances beyond your imaginations.
    ommy kono has 2 great easy to read books & the USAW coaching courses are also very valuable, I may do the senior coach this summer
    jdiritto
    --lllll--------lllll--
    IRON MIND

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMind View Post
      just stopping by, been along time since ive been in the supplement world, S&C isnt very profitable and I barely afford to take protein/multis anymore
      glad to see your getting more and more off the xfit bug
      keep it up with pendlay in time i am sure he will bring you fitness & performances beyond your imaginations.
      ommy kono has 2 great easy to read books & the USAW coaching courses are also very valuable, I may do the senior coach this summer
      jdiritto
      The seminars are great. I've done both the Pendlay and USAW seminars. Day by day, getting there.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Lifted today..finally. Haven't lifted since Monday. Popped a rib again and it's finally feeling better. Didn't lift anything spectacular. I'll do a double day Monday.

Glenn coached my son today. Did kettlebell cleans, than had him learn the snatch from the high hang and ended it with squats. He did really well. He'll probably be a better lifter than me lol.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Good training day today. Did a double workout with the team. They are always inspiring.

Morning session:
          From the floor (snatches) - worked up to 30
          Clean n Jerks - worked to 35

Afternoon session:
          Snatches from the high hangt
          Singles up to 42.5 (missed 42.5 a couple of times) (going up 2.5kg increments on all lifts)
          Dropped weight down back to 25(doubles high hang) up to 35 than singles
          38.5 - good
          40 - good
          42.5 - good
          45 - good
          47.5 - (pr) nailed it
          50 - missed in front (first time EVER lifting 50)
          50 - missed behind
          50 - missed behind
          50 - missed behind

I was so pissed, I was so close. I really, really wanted it but had to let it go.

Clean n Jerks (from the floor, single)
          60 - missed jerk
          60 - AND IT'S GOOD!!! Wasn't pretty but it's a make! PR
          62.5 - Clarked
          62.5 - missed the jerk
          62.5 - almost dropped that thing on my head...went down on my ass

Squats (3 reps)

Comment

• Decided to do the meet on the 21st. We shall see. My back is still bugging me a bit. I got a gift certificate for a massage. Think I'll get that done before the meet. See if it helps loosen me up.

Lifted yesterday but it wasn't a good day. Kept it light, not really by choice.

Comment

• Good day at the gym. Spencer helped me out today. Worked most snatched from knee or ground then knee (doubles). Really working on sweeping the bar back and finishing my pull. Clean and Jerks were nothing special. C&J to 52.5, cleaned 55 and moved on to front squats. Worked up to 75kg. Went for 77.5 but didn't bounce out of it so I dumped it. And in case you are wondering who Spencer is...here's a video of him goofing around doing a CrossFit workout. And no, he does not CrossFit. This was for fun and just to do something different.

Comment

• Did my first CrossFit WOD in over a year today. What the fuck was I thinking.

5x5 Deadlift

Didn't want to destroy my back for lifting so I dropped it back down.

Than: 10 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
                5 lunges on right leg
                5 lunges on left leg
                10 pull ups
                10 push ups

I barely got 3 rounds. Push ups were the worst. Used a 25#kb for lunges. I was dying. No endurance at all. I think I'll be coaching at at this new gym. I don't know how much CrossFitting I'll be doing. I still want to lift. I have a meet next weekend so no CrossFit next week. But I will be throwing them back in from time to time.

Comment

• Wouldn't say today was a great workout seeing as I couldn't Jerk to save my life but everything else went okay. Pausing at the knees seem to be helping with my lifts. Missed 47.5 (snatch) a few times but hit a nice 45. Worked Cleans up to 60. Could have done more but didn't want to over do it because I want to train Monday.

Comment

• Life's ups and downs have kept me busy. If it's not one thing, it's definitely another.

Been trying to get back into CrossFit but it's tough. Trying to build my lungs back up is just dreadful. I do feel better when I'm done though...kind of. I miss weightlifting. I'm going to order some bumpers so I can train at home as well. A lot of things going through my head lately that I'm trying to sort through. The exercising has definitely helped. Even if I'm able to forget my problems for 10 minutes. It's still 10 minutes of peace of mind.

I had to run today. I really hate running.
                    I have training at work tomorrow so not sure if I'll be off work on time to train but even if I get a small workout in at home it will be better than nothing.

Comment

• Rest day yesterday. I've been in training (for work). I was so tired when I got home yesterday I just crawled into bed and was asleep by 8pm. But I did get in 10 hours of sleep which felt great.

Trained at home today in the garage. I'm loving it. Going to order more bumpers this weekend.

Worked on snatches and clean and jerks. I won't lie. I really miss lifting all the time but the CrossFit is just making me more well rounded fitness wise.

Comment

• saw video of some of the cal strength guys doing cleans behind the head and 1arm C&J..pretty impressive

If you're interested here is a complex I've used with varying levels of success on some of my kids to reinforce pulling mechanics - seems to benefit younger lifters the most, as they need the increased time under tension to develop strength and kinesthetic awareness
                        Rep 1: halting clean deadlift paused at one inch below the knee, hang then shrug/finish
                        Rep 2: clean deadlift to paued at the knee plus shrug/finish
                        Rep 3: clean pull
                        Rep 4: clean
                        1-2 second pause at each stop for rep 1&2
                        --lllll--------lllll--
                        IRON MIND

Comment

saw video of some of the cal strength guys doing cleans behind the head and 1arm C&J..pretty impressive

If you're interested here is a complex I've used with varying levels of success on some of my kids to reinforce pulling mechanics - seems to benefit younger lifters the most, as they need the increased time under tension to develop strength and kinesthetic awareness
                          Rep 1: halting clean deadlift paused at one inch below the knee, hang then shrug/finish
                          Rep 2: clean deadlift to paued at the knee plus shrug/finish
                          Rep 3: clean pull
                          Rep 4: clean
                          1-2 second pause at each stop for rep 1&2
                          Thanks! I'm going to have to add some of this in. Where do you coach?

Comment

• a private high school in Philly, hoping to get a collegiate position someday. The wife just had our first baby a month ago so I am limited in where I apply now which makes it even more of a challenge I might of been able to talk her into moving across the country so I could take on an over worked/under paid gig but not anymore. Luckily though I have been able to volunter under some amazing people and get paid to live my passion through high school opportunities
                            --lllll--------lllll--
                            IRON MIND

Comment

a private high school in Philly, hoping to get a collegiate position someday. The wife just had our first baby a month ago so I am limited in where I apply now which makes it even more of a challenge I might of been able to talk her into moving across the country so I could take on an over worked/under paid gig but not anymore. Luckily though I have been able to volunter under some amazing people and get paid to live my passion through high school opportunities
                              Congratulations on the new baby! It will be tough to just pick up and move now but for the right job I'm sure she'd consider it.

Comment

• Snatches not so great today. 35 just felt heavy and was just a bit off. Went back to pausing at the knee and that helped a bit. Cleans were better and Jerks felt good. Of course it's only 35kg but still. Ended the workout with something Jon North had me do before. Clean, 2 - front squats and a jerk. Did 3 sets. Ankle is still hurting a bit. Can't wait till Friday when I more weights will be delivered and I can finally work up to max again. Ordered my squat rack too. Stoked!!! I'll have to start keeping track of my workouts again. Especially if I'm training by myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X