No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good day at the gym. Worked with coach today. Did snatches on a board which was kinda tough. Had to really keep my chest up.

Dropped back down to 25 without the boards

45 - miss
    45 - solid
    48 - miss behind
    48 - miss behind
    48 - nailed it....on my knees. I count that as a make cause my arms were solid.

C&J

35 - good
    40 - good
    45 - good
    50 - good
    55 - ok, should have dropped under a bit more
    60 - missed in front
    60 - barely even went under it
    60 - almost hit myself in the head because I was under it but arms were bent

Jerks are getting better.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Finally back in the gym after that nasty flu. Didn't do anything heavy. Just trying to get my body used to it again. Worked up to 35 on snatch and 42.5 on c&j. I still have a hard time breathing. Still have some kind of respiratory thing.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• yeah absolutely better then yesterday

Comment

• I had a headache tonight but got through my workout anyways (with coach).

Snatches from blocks because I keep coming on my toes.

25 - missed in front....
          42 - okay, came on my toes a little

25 - from floor
          35 - missed in front
          35 - missed again gggrrrrr
          35 - nailed it
          35 - good
          35 - good

Clean & Jerks - 2 Cleans from ground; 2 Jerks

45 - almost launched the bar on my second jerk.

Front squat to max with 2 second pause at bottom (this sucked)
          70 - struggled to stand this up!

Working with coach again on Wednesday....meet is on the 21st.

Comment

• Worked with Coach tonight.

Snatches from floor
            35 - knees
            42.5 - knees
            42.5 - knees

Snatch pause things.....Pick the bar off the ground about an inch and hold till Coach tells me to go. Than to below knees (pause), then to thigh (pause). These really sucked, especially the third set (all at 45; 3 sets of 3....or was that 2 sets of 3? can't remember).

Clean & Jerk - focus was on punching the bar
            bar work
            25 - solid
            30 - solid
            35 - solid
            40 - solid
            45 - solid
            50 - solid
            55 - strong but was a bit forward but good lift
            60 - good clean but didn't get under the jerk...go figure
            60 - missed the clean
            60 - missed the jerk again but was farther under it.

Front squat with pause
            72.5 - fail
            Last edited by bull.dogz; 01-14-2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Light workout tonight. Not that I expected to put up any great numbers after Wednesday workout. Goal tonight was just to work on pushing my knees back and staying on my heels. Must have worked cause I didn't fall on my knees once.

C&J's were okay. Wrist are kinda sore still from missing that Clean at 60. 50 was a press out and felt extremely heavy.

Comment

• Snatches didn't feel that hot today. Worked up to 40 and went on to Clean and Jerks. Tried power jerks today. Worked up to 50. Cleaned 55, clarked 60.

Squats
                4x2 @ 75
                Probably should have gone 80.

Comment

• Didn't write down my lifts today. Still coming up on my toes on Snatches. Really frustrated with these. I think if I move faster on that second pull I'll be okay. Trained snatches for about an hour.

Took a break and trained with the guys for c&j's. Worked up to 55. Pressed out on my jerks but I think I'm getting better. Can't possibly get worse.

Rest day tomorrow and Wednesday. Lift with coach again on Thursday, loosening up on Friday and meet on Saturday. Weights okay, need to stick to salads and beef this week.

Comment

• Light workout tonight....real light. Had my back adjusted but I waited too long to go see my chiropractor so she really had to work my back and it was sore by the time I got to the gym. Snatched to 35. Clean and jerks not so great. My right wrist was killing me, it hurt to clean. Struggled with the jerks. We'll see how Saturday goes. :/

Comment

• Had my meet yesterday. It was good and bad. I didn't total, made 4 out of 6 lifts but only 3 counted. My right wrist was still really sore so I had to wrap the shit out of it. It's throbbing today.

Opener - Snatch:
                      40kg snatch - missed in front
                      2nd attempt - made it....and forgot to wait for the down signal.
                      3rd attempt - miss - was all over the place

I'm always so anxious by the time I get to the platform. I need to learn to calm down. I'm hoping that with come with more meets.

Clean & Jerks

Opener 50kg - nailed it
                      54kg - nailed it
                      58 (training pr but with a pressout) - nailed it.

I was so excited I made all my jerks since that was the one thing I struggled so much on. So even though I didn't total, I was still really happy with how my jerks went.

Every time I go into a meet I'm thinking "why did I sign up for this?" and I always leave thinking "I can't wait to do this again!"

Oh, and 3 other people did the same thing I did at the meet, forgot to wait for the down signal.
                      Last edited by bull.dogz; 01-22-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• I'm still alive and kicking. No lifting this week, trying to let my wrist heal. Back had been hurting as well, turned out I popped a rib again so just kinda letting that heal as well. It's a bitch getting old.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                          I'm still alive and kicking. No lifting this week, trying to let my wrist heal. Back had been hurting as well, turned out I popped a rib again so just kinda letting that heal as well. It's a bitch getting old.
                          Hang in there! The weights will still be there when you're all healed up!
                          sigpicDarren Conroy
                          Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
                          ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
                          dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
                          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
                          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

• Thanks!!

Lots of strength work this week. Mostly pulls..snatch and clean pulls. Did some cleans today but the wrist started hurting pretty bad at 55kg. I didn't even have it in me to try for 57.5. Between rehab work and strength work it left me spent.

Comment

• Last night was a good night training. Donny helped me with Snatches from the high hang.

Doubles

Singles
                              47.5 - miss
                              47.5 - miss
                              47.5 - miss
                              My last 3 were more mental blocks. I'm under it and locked out and I just let it go. :/

Cleans (no jerks)
                              62.5 - Clarked
                              62.5 - PR (from 61)
                              65 - BOOM!!!

Clean pulls
                              75 - hit low, you should see the bruise on my leg
                              75 - hit low again
                              75 - got it

Squats
                              3x9 @ 65kg.

Not too shabby of a day.
                              Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Back in the saddle! I like it!!
                                sigpicDarren Conroy
                                Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
                                ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
                                dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
                                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
                                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

Working...
                                X