No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last night I was coaching at my CrossFit gym and the owner came in and told me he didn't want me coaching there anymore. Just like that. He said because I'm doing weightlifting and not CrossFit and he wants someone who loves CrossFit. Apparently weightlifting effects my ability to coach CrossFit. I guess the fact that I don't push the members to do things that could possibly hurt them means I don't love CrossFit. One of the coaches made up a workout the other ay with weighted jump squats. There are a few members who can barely do a squat let alone with weight on their back. I had them do it without weights. No big deal, I guarantee they still got a good workout. CrossFit has a bad enough rep wihout shitty coaches pushing people to do things without any consideration for their safety. Okay, done with my rant.

Wednesday night I didn't lift. Coach had me do squats and push presses. He's going to start me on a strength program I think. Should be fun There's another meet coming up in December. Can't wait!
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Snatches were okay today. Don't know what was wrong, just off.

25k little forward
      35 on my toes
      40 missed behind
      40 missed behind
      40 missed in front (followed by a temper tantrum)

On to Clean & Jerks
      35 good
      40 good
      45 when I go to dip I drop my shoulders; Rob had me immediately do another one
      45 (powered) better
      50 leaned back on the Jerk a bit
      55 clarked
      55 clarked
      55 clarked.....FUCK ME!! Had a mental block, didn't want to get under.
      55 Powered it and then.....I Jerked it. I finally got under it. I couldn't lock it out but I was finally under it. I usually lean back and lose it in front.

Squats
      3x9 @ 55k

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I need to start writing this stuff down at the gym instead of trying to remember when I get home. It's not like I don't have a log book either.

Anyways, my lifts seem to be on a downhill spiral. Before the meet, I hit them all. Now..I'm lucky if I can get any. Rob says I'm bringing my butt up first. I don't know why I'm doing this all of a sudden. Frustrating.

Did singles going up 1.25 each set up to 40. I sucked so Rob had me drop it down back to 35 and do doubles POWER for 3 sets than back to singles but I could still power. 35; 40; 45...for whatever reason I still want to straight leg these. Couldn't get 45 since I refused to bend my damn knees. My legs are still sore from Mondays squats...maybe that's my excuse?

Cleans didn't get any better (no Jerks tonight). I was allowed to power but now I'm pausing at the thighs before I hit the bar. WTF?!

On to squats
        4x7 @ 60

These were fucking horrible. I struggled with the 6 and 7th rep on all these sets. There was one I didn't think I was going to get back up. Where'd all my strength go? Feeling really weak. I think I need to eat more..no more fucking salads. And yes, I whined the whole damn time I had to do squats.

Comment

No lifting tonight. As I was walking into the gym, coach was walking out with his girlfriend. He was going to go ice his back and he wasn't coming back. WTF? Thanks for calling me and letting me know. I only live 40 minutes away.

Squats:
          5x5 @ 65 much easier than Wednesdays squats.

Comment

Squats:
            6x3 @ 70k

Ugh! These were harder than I thought. I did them at the global gym down the street. Haven't been there in a couple of years but still the same people. One of them told me I was squatting too low, I should be going to parallel....and doing low bar.

Push Presses:
            3x5 @ 38k

Was supposed to be 40k but they don't have little plates here. These were hard and my shoulder didn't care for it too much.

Pushups 3x10

I didn't have to do these but I just threw them in.

Comment

Snatch pulls - Triples:
              45 2nd: little low (ouch); 3rd..paranoia about hitting low again
              50 not so high pulls anymore lol

Deadlifts - Triples (been months since I've done deadlifts)
              95 - 3rd one was tough, was rounding my back a bit

Squats
              3x9 @ 60
              (yes, there was whining at this point)

Tomorrow will be yoga night...this should be interesting. Haven't done it in a few years.
              Last edited by bull.dogz; 11-08-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

An hour of yoga at Downtown Yoga tonight. Felt really good. I didn't realize I had actually missed it till I went in. Going to try to get yoga in once a week from here on out. I think this will help my weightlifting.

Comment

Pretty sore today from the yoga and my back is still tight from those deadlifts. Wasn't sure how today was going to go.

Snatch - Doubles (floor/knee)
                  25 -Rob had me use straps, never used them on Snatches before, just pulls. First one went fine..second one I was going to lose but I couldn't let the bar go because of the straps. Finally threw it out front while I landed on my ass. Needless to say, I ditched the straps after that.

25 - good
                  30 - pwr'd the 2nd one
                  35 - missed 2nd one in front
                  35 - good
                  40 - missed in front; to far behind bar when I hit
                  40 - missed in front; not finishing
                  35 - missed 2nd behind
                  35 - missed 1st in front
                  35 - 1st good, 2nd was the longest pwr Snatch ever. I stopped and just sat there, couldn't decide if I was going to dump the bar or stand it up. Finally stood it up.

Clean & Jerks - Doubles
                  35 - good
                  40 - good
                  45 - good
                  50 - 1st jerk was eh, soft arms; 2nd one total miss didn't even drop under it.
                  55 - missed both, my hands/elbows just didn't want to go. The bar was in the right position at my collarbone but I was just to slow to hold it there. No jerks...obviously.

Squats
                  2x7 @ 65

Was supposed to be 4 sets but Rob said I was starting to round my back so he made me call it quits. Not that I was complaining.

Comment

Snatches today were horrible. I don't know what was wrong. I powered most of them and my arms were soft. I almost bounced them off my head a few times. And I forgot to write everything down. Fail.

Clean n Jerks...now these were good and I don't need to write these down to remember.

53 PR (on Jerk)
                    56 PR
                    60 PR on Clean; Rob said no Jerk
                    I wore a lifting belt today and I think that's what did it. I always arch my back a lot which cause me to miss. I wore a belt today and even though I want to arch it I couldn't. So yeah, I went out and bought a cheap little Harbinger belt for lifting.

Squats: 5x5 @70....piece of cake

Rob was more happy about my squats being strong than my pr...but I'm happy about my pr's.

Comment

• Squats:
                      6x3 @ 75kg

Push Press:
                      3x5 @ 40

Pull ups:
                      2x5 strict

Planks
                      3x 1min hold

Comment

• Snatches - Doubles (flr + kn)
                        44 - 1st one good; saved the 2nd one
                        Singles
                        47 - miss in front
                        47 - miss in front
                        47 - miss in front

C&J - singles
                        57 - missed Jerk
                        57 - got it! PR

I have videos...but it's on my friends camera. When he uploads them I'll post it. I have videos of my missed 47 and my 57 C&J.

Squats:
                        3x9 @ 65

These are definitely getting easier. Phew!
                        Last edited by bull.dogz; 11-15-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Today's lifting went from okay to bad. I was just drained physically and mentally. A lot on my mind.

Snatch - dbl flr/kn
                          35 - missed the 1st; pwr'd 2nd
                          sngles
                          35 - slow under the bar
                          40 - miss front
                          40 - miss front
                          40 - pressed out - at this point I asked Rob if we could stop snatches.....No
                          40 - pretty much dropped the bar on my head, was a little behind, arms went soft, tried to press it out and it just wasn't happening. Why I didn't let go of the bar, I don't know. Came down and bumped me in the head. Not hard......I don't have to do snatches anymore.

C&J
                          40 - good
                          45 - good
                          50 - powered; jerk was meh (soft arms)
                          55 - does it count as a miss if you don't even bother trying to get under it? I pulled and hit it and that was as far as it went. 4 times.

Squats
                          4x7 @70

I hate squats. I really just fucking hate squats right now. I think all this squatting is killing my snatch. Every part of my body hurts. My hips, my back, my elbows, my collarbone.....even my fucking toe right now.

Friday I will be lifting without my coach. I have to cut back on my lessons. So I'll still be lifting once a week with him but the rest on my own. That stresses me out. I'm afraid after all that hard work I'll go back to powering my snatches.

Comment

• Well today went about as much as I feared it would. I was powering everything. I did okay. Started at 25 worked up to 40k on Snatches. Doing singles of the same weight 2-3 times. However many it took me to get it to as close to bottom as possible.

Clean and Jerks
                            50 - Cleaned it and during my clean Jon came over and was talking to me....in the middle of my clean. He just stood there talking to me and it just got heavy sitting on my shoulders lol. Didn't Jerk it.
                            50 - Jerk was eh
                            50 - Missed the Jerk
                            55 - clarked
                            55 - clarked

I have a bruise on my collarbone that really hurts when I clean and even worse when I try to clean. The bar just sits right on it. I caught 55 the other day and it crashed on me. :/

Squats
                            5x5 @ 75

It just dawned on me today that I moved up in weight on my squats this week. Such a tard. 75 was my 6x3. Tomorrow it'll be 6x3 with 80. Should be interesting. I may work on my lifts again tomorrow after squats. Light weight, high hang. Till I get comfortable doing big girl snatches again.

This is dedicated to my snatch!

Comment

• Feeling redeemed today.

Squats:
                              6x3 @ 80

I thought these would be horrible considering 85 was my 1rm a month ago. They weren't. Even my coach was smiling at these.

Push Presses
                              5x5 @ 40

Missed the last 1 on my 3rd set. Was using more arms than legs. :/

Snatches - High hang - doubles
                              25 - kinda powered these so did them again
                              Singles - high hang
                              35 - followed by 3 overhead squats
                              35 - followed by 3 overhead squats

Ended it at 40. Coach said not to go too heavy. I just wanted to redeem myself after yesterday's crappy lifting. Ever single one of these were solid. The way my snatches felt right before the meet.

Got to watch Donny and Spencer work on their jerks today. Spence did a power jerk at 170. It was awesome!!

Comment

• Snatch - dbl flr/kn
                                35 - missed front (no 2nd)
                                35 - missed 2nd behind
                                35 - missed front (no 2nd)
                                35 - 2nd pwr'd
                                35 - single from the high hang

Low back is a tad bit sore.

C&J
                                45 - soft on the Jerk
                                50 - pressed out

Clean only
                                57 - clark
                                57 - missed, couldn't rack it

Rob wanted me to go for my 1rm on back squat:
                                65, 75, 86 (pr from last month), 90, 95, 100 Finally hit triple digits!!!

Military press
                                10 @ 15kg
                                2x10 @ 20

Could feel it in my right shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X