No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snatches...it was a good day. Rob said I was fast today. AND....I finally got 45k. Powered it but I still got it. 2nd PR this week.

He's making me do overhead squats with a 3 second hold at the bottom. Can I just say his 3 seconds and my 3 seconds are way different. His go on for at least 5 minutes. At least.

Clean & Jerk...50k. He had me do some Power Jerks first then Split Jerks.

Glute Ham Raises....and there it is. My major weakness. I can do these at all. He says I have weak hamstrings and glutes and that's why I have a problem getting under. Guess what I'll be doing more of.

Push ups - hands close together. Why are these so stinking hard.

Anyone got any cheese to go with this whine?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Worked up to 40k on Snatch. They are getting better. I'm under them better although not as much as Rob would like but I'm not missing the weights like I used to.

C&J's were good today. Tried to pr on my Clean @ 60k. Failed - I have it but I collapsed on the first one and kinda mind fucked myself after that.

Glute ham raises 2x10. Still hurt but not as bad as the other night.
      Push ups 2x10, felt much better then the other night.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

You don't do crossfit anymore?! Ive heard pendlay is pretty legit for USA weightlifting, you should get great results with that transition in due time.

glute hams are a staple for my programs unless athletes are in season - its alot of strees on the knee in addition to running
        --lllll--------lllll--
        IRON MIND

Comment

Originally posted by FeMind View Post
          You don't do crossfit anymore?! Ive heard pendlay is pretty legit for USA weightlifting, you should get great results with that transition in due time.

glute hams are a staple for my programs unless athletes are in season - its alot of strees on the knee in addition to running
          I won't be doing CrossFit again until after my meet. Right now I'm focused on my technique and strength and CrossFit just doesn't fit in right now. I haven't given up on it though, I still love it.

And yes, Glenn is very legit when it comes to weightlifting. He's by far my favorite coach and really just a down to earth good guy. Although he did flick me in the head this weekend.

Comment

tommy kono has a real good book on tbe olympic lifts if you want to dig deeper outside of time with coach...i was happy there for a minute for you when i thought you were devoid of the crossfit cult

heres an article you may like or dislike depending how much youve bought into that WOD bs
            http://startingstrength.com/articles...ve_gillian.pdf
            --lllll--------lllll--
            IRON MIND

Comment

Originally posted by FeMind View Post
              tommy kono has a real good book on tbe olympic lifts if you want to dig deeper outside of time with coach...i was happy there for a minute for you when i thought you were devoid of the crossfit cult

heres an article you may like or dislike depending how much youve bought into that WOD bs
              http://startingstrength.com/articles...ve_gillian.pdf
              A friend of mine posted this not too long ago. I started reading it but never finished.

I have a love/hate thing with CrossFit. I think there are some workouts that are just fucking stupid and is asking for injuries but then again.....I love the fact that you are constantly doing different things. This is going to sound horrible but I actually went to CrossFit to learn the Olys. It was the only place close to me where I could learn. I love the Olys and would never go back to CrossFit full time.

Anywoo....today's workout. Not all that great. I'm exhausted from this weekends cert. Normally I only squat on Saturdays but Glenn had me lift with the team Saturday afternoon. Then I had to do my squats and push presses after the cert. Plus, all the technique work during the day that I was doing. I have a huge bruise on my right hip and a smaller one on my left. Clearly I'm hitting the bar.

I was hurting tonight and coach could tell. Did a few Snatches but he let me move on to C&J's since I kept powering them. He's got me really working on my Jerks now. I'm not locking out my arms for whatever reason. Blah! 3 weeks till my meet. Singlet came in today. Ew.

Comment

Finally got a smile out of coach. Worked high hang Snatches. I was only allowed to go up 1.25 (ea side) if I landed in a full Snatch. Worked all they way up to 45k, which was last weeks power snatch pr. He was happy with my Snatches tonight. I finally got it. Once he told me to stop pulling after I hit the bar, I did. They felt good, even though I tore 2 blisters. One on each hand.

No Cleans tonight because of my hands but I still had to Jerk. Worked off the blocks. These are so tough for me. 40k is still hard on my wrist and shoulders. Which is stupid because I can almost 60k. I was so frustrated.

*I did miss 45k, twice
                Last edited by bull.dogz; 10-06-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Friday's training was good. Missed 46k on the Snatch but they were all legit attempts. Missed 55k Jerk but powered the Clean. Missed 60k...clarked it. Had to do pulls after.

Saturday:
                  5x5 Squats 70k

5x5 Box Jumps 30" box

Tabata Double Unders....couldn't resist.

highest was 32, lowest was 4

Couldn't get them strung together for nothing on the 4 rep round.

Comment

Worst night of lifting EVER!!! I struggled on all my lifts including my fucking warm up weights. I missed a 35k Snatch for fucks sakes. Then I moved on to completely fuck up my Cleans as well. Hit myself in the chin on a Jerk and somehow slammed the bar into my boobs on a Clean.

Went to front squats.....something I couldn't kill myself at.

1rm = 75k Which makes me happy cause that's a PR. I'm pretty sure my best was 70k.

I have to go to the chiropractor tomorrow. I know my lifting sucked because of my back. My right shoulder blade started hurting when I was at work. By the time I got to the gym my whole right side was hurting. If I try to take a deep breath it hurts. This sucks.

Comment

Got my back AND neck adjusted yesterday and today. Rob wanted me to work on pulls today.

Snatch pulls - triples:

Clean pulls - triples:

Fronts squats - Doubles
                      70 - PR

Comment

Pretty good night at the gym:

Snatches (full)

20 (doubles)
                        25 (doubles)
                        35x1
                        46 PR

Cleans & Jerk
                        51 - PR on Jerk
                        57 - Clarked it, too big of a jump

Coach was really, really happy with my lifts. Especially my Snatches, I got under all of them.

Comment

Worked singles tonight. Not so much to max.

Snatches...up to 40k. Hips were kinda tight so it was hard to be fast. My hips and legs really just didn't want to move.

Cleans...almost hit myself in the face cleaning 35. Damn these powerful hips.

Weighed myself tonight. I'm about a kilo over my weight class. So I did some prowler pushes.

Wednesday is my last training night before the meet. I'll get my back adjusted on Friday. Weigh in's at 1:30. Lift at 3:30. Not quite nervous yet. Hopefully, I don't freak out on Saturday.

Comment

Easy day today.

Snatch

Didn't miss any. Although I did catch 40 kinda high.

Cleans

Got all my Jerks.

Front squats:

I did front squats the last time too but forgot to note it. 3x2 @ 62

Meet is on Saturday.

Comment

Had my first meet today..Don Wilson Golden at Cal Strength. I was so nervous, my hands were shaking.

Opened with 37k and missed. Lost it in front. Honestly, I didn't know what to focus on. If I looked up I see a million faces (okay, it was about 30-40). So I focused on the little timer in front of me. Mistake, it moves. Made it the next time but I was so paranoid about missing it again I completely powered it....straight legged. I made the lift but not good. Coach is going to be mad. Next weight was 40, made it but did the same thing, powered it. He probably could have put 50 on the bar and I would have been able to power it no problem. I think the crowd thought it was funny.

Cleans, opened with 45. No problem with this one and I wasn't nearly as nervous this round as I was with the Snatches. Second lift was at 50. Missed the Jerk, I arched my back instead of pushing my head through...same thing I Always do. Made it the 3rd time.

I'm so happy to have finally done it. This is my first competition....in anything, ever. I can't wait to do it again. I loved it!!

I know videos were taken so when I see them I will post. Tomorrow the big dogs lift starting at 11am. If you want to watch they are streaming it here:

http://www.californiaweightlifting.org/live.php
                              Last edited by bull.dogz; 10-23-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Video highlights from the meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X