Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday:

Did back squats and front squats but I didn't bring my journal in with me so I don't remember how much I did. Didn't get in to lift Tuesday which is a good thing since I had to lift today. Worked with Glenn and my new coach Rob on the Snatch and Clean and Jerks.

I'm getting much better about getting under the bar. Usually when I hit about 35k I panic about getting under the bar. Today I was at 38k and I was so surprised that I got under the bar I didn't finish the pull lol.

Cleans are good but my Jerks are horrible. I'm just not dropping under that bar as much as I should and I have a hard time keeping my arms locked out overhead.

I'll be training twice a week at Cal Strength and the rest at my regular gym. Maybe after a month of this I can compete?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

First official day of working with my new coach. I really enjoyed it. I didn't get to write everything down but he is keeping track. My Snatches are getting much better. When it gets heavy I tend to Power it so he makes me drop it back down to the first position (hip) so I have no choice but to be quick and drop under it.

My Cleans were a little better today. I didn't miss any and went up in weight but I'm still not dropping under the weight when it comes to Jerks. Rob is the best at Jerks so I have the right coach.

Did 5 sets of 5 squats after. I get to rest tomorrow then back again on Wednesday.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Lifting went well today. He was happy with my Snatch with 35k. I was able to get under it fast. When it gets heavy I still power it so he won't let me go too heavy. As soon as I do a power he lowers the weight.

Finally was able to jerk my weights tonight! I was really starting to feel retarded. Cleans were good except the one I clarked...and the one I powered.

Did front squats tonight. He was surprised that my front squats are so much better then my back. Guess I'll be doing more back squats. I don't see him again till Wednesday (he's out of town) so he said I can work on my lifts on Friday and I have to back squat on Monday. 60k. (this is really more of a reminder for me). Tomorrow is a good xf workout that I want to do....but I won't.

Comment

8-25-11
          Box jumps 30"
          6x5

strict pullups (deadhang)
          4x3

8-27-11
          Back squats
          5x5 60k
          2x10 back raises

8-28-11
          Jerks (from blocks)
          1 reps up to 33k
          (wrist were still killing me which is why I haven't been working on lifts on my own)

8-29-11
          Back Squats
          5x5 62k

Followed with 3 box jumps (ea set) 30"
          3x10
          Back raises - 25# plate
          Ghd situps

Tomorrow will be a rest day....then back to see coach on Wednesday.

Went to the Redwood meet in Cotati to watch the guys lift. They did awesome, Kevin hit a pr and took second. He still had more in him. Jon took first....of course.

Comment

Worked doubles on Snatches tonight.

15k - 20k - 25k - 30k - 35k (stayed at 35k for a few sets)

Kinda stiff and most of them were more of a power with a squat so he wouldn't let me go any heavier.

Clean and Jerks were at 35k the whole time (at singles). Cleans were no problem, Jerks were tough at first. Still wasn't dropping under it but I finally got it with my last 3. They looked like real Jerks.

No squatting today...Yay! Back at it Saturday.

Comment

Not a good Snatch day. Supposed to be 1rm day but I struggled with 35k again. Lost it in front, lost in behind me so Rob made me drop the weigth down and do a couple of hangs. Then hangs with 35, funny I can do these no problem. Finally landed my 35 single.

Cleans were easy today. Jerk was decent. Got a 56k Clean (pr). Rob said I made it look easy. He upped the weight and of course I mind fucked myself and clarked it.

Ordered some plates tonight so I can practice at home. I'm going to get these Snatches down if it kills me.

Comment

Good night at the gym tonight. I'm really happy. Felt strong. Snatches were much better this time. I Power Snatched 42k like it was nothing. Coach thinks I can Snatch 50k if I would just get under the fucking bar.

Cleans were good and my Jerks look like Jerks now. Did squats after. Didn't miss one single Clean tonight...until I went to get it ready for squats. Was just going to muscle it up and missed it. Coach yells out....did you just miss that Clean. Um, no (under my breath...yeah). o.O

5x5 on Squats..62k

Comment

My body is exhausted. Training is going good. Snatches are still iffy. Still fighting the squat. Cleans and Jerks are getting better.

Did squats and box jumps today but my legs were tired and I struggled with 62k. I plan on doing nothing the next few days. Monday will be better.

Comment

Over an hour of Snatch work, mostly triples and doubles. I had to squat everything. He's going to make me go under that bar if it kills me. Although, I explained to him that technically I'm still under the bar when doing a power. It didn't fly.

Comment

Much better night at the gym. All my Snatches were legit attempts....no more powering them. I wish I could remember all the weights but I think it was something like this:

All 1 rep:

40 - F (lost it behind)
                      40 - F (lost it behind)

I can't quite remember but I either failed at the 38 or 40 but I didn't power any of them....sorta.

Clean & Jerk:

53 - missed the Jerk
                      53 - missed the Jerk

I keep leaning back on the jerks. Not getting my head through.

Front Squats:
                      3x5

Military Press
                      3x10

Comment

Max day:
                        Got up to 40k on Snatches. Missed 43k 5 times. Coach wouldn't let me go again even though I wanted to. I was under it but I kept relaxing and losing the bar.

Clean & Jerk was 50k. Struggled with the Jerks (what else is new). Cracked myself in the chin too..oh well.

On a positive note....Coach said I had a beautiful Snatch.......finally!!!

Comment

Squats ~ Coach said to do 1x5 of 70k but it felt pretty good after the 1st set so I did 2 more after.

Push Presses
                          5x5 35k
                          Piece of cake.

Comment

Strength at an all time low tonight. Whining was at an all time high though.

Struggled with 35k tonight so coach said I could just squat.

5x5 @ 65k struggled with that too.

Comment

Jacked myself up somehow Monday. By the time I got home from the gym I was in pain (shoulder blades). Hoping when i woke up in the morning it would be gone. It wasn't so I went to my chiropractor. Some how I popped 2 ribs in my back (muscle spasm). Anyways, she fixed it and I was able to lift no problems today. And Jerks felt okay.

Snatches:
                              Worked up to 42.2k (powered last 2)

Snatch pulls 4x2 @ 45k

Clean & Jerks :
                              Worked up to 52k....almost had the Jerk. Got it up and lost it in front of me which is much better then I've been doing.

Front Squats:
                              3x5 @ 60k

Push ups
                              3x10

Comment

Hit a solid 43k on the Snatch tonight. Missed 45 4 times.

Cleans worked up to 55k, mostly to work on my Jerk. Getting better. Not great but at least I'm under it now.

Squats:
                                3x9 55k

Push Press:
                                5x5 35k

The meet I was originally planning on doing was supposed to be in November. It's been moved to Oct. 22.

Comment

Working...
                                X