No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really didn't want to squat this afternoon but I did.

FS
    81 - Don't know if I really want to count this one. I think I stopped it short because I was afraid I wouldn't make it. We'll call it a CrossFit squat.
    83 (mx2)
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Back is still tight, no pain though. When I'm in the bottom position I can feel it pull on my sacrum. I notice I'm having a hard time bouncing out of my squats and my cleans. You can see it in the video. The 135 clean crashed on me.

Sots press 3x10 @ 35#

Snatch
      25kg
      32 - Clarked it
      40 - (M)knee snatch
      40 - (M)
      40 - (M)knee snatch

Clean and Jerk
      65#'s (got tired of trying to convert)
      115 (ugly jerk)
      120 (Missed the Jerk)

Clean video

FS
      I was too tired after these, I struggled with 160. No bounce in any of them.

Split press 3x10 @ 55#

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• FS
        85x3
        85x3
        155 - really meant to go up 5#'s from here but I can't add #'s anymore

Pendlay rows 3x5 @ 75

Comment

• FS
          78 (M)
          So frustrated with these squats. Absolutely no bounce at all. I'm ready to give up. Really don't know what to do at this point.

Coach? Can you come back now?

Sots press 3x10 @23kg - a bit on my toes again with these

Snatch - hips/dbl (NHNF)

Clean & 2 Jerks
          45 - Jerks felt tough today

Was a little late because of traffic so I had make it a quick one. Probably better that way anyways.

*sadpanda*

Comment

• Afternoon:
            FS
            70x3 singles

Pendlay rows 3x5 @ 35

Split press 3x10 @ 25

Sit ups 3x10 w/5kg plate

Comment

• AM:
              FS

Sots press 3x10 @23
              Left scapula was bothering me today, felt really, really heavy

Snatch from floor, pause at knee/ohs
              35 (M - right knee)

Clean & 2 Jerk

It's taking me forever to warm up now because of my back so I don't have as much time to work on the lifts. And I've decided not to kill myself over squats. At least not work to max in the morning. Just too tight. I usually feel much better in the afternoon so I'll work to max then. Maybe.

Comment

• Afternoon squats:
                FS
                85 (M)

Finally feeling some speed with my squats again. You have no idea how happy I am to get past 80 again.

Comment

• Let's just call tonight's workout "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

Had a function at work today so didn't get to lift this morning. Went to the gym after work, even though I really just wanted to go to bed.

I would tell you how much I lifted but trying to figure out my weight when I have kilos and pounds mixed together is just a bitch. And no, I sucked at math in school and it hasn't gotten any better. I only like kilos because I don't have to add as high.

Worked doubles from the floor with snatches up to about 38 (somewhere around there) then went to singles up to 43. Didn't miss one single lift up to 41 then I hit a mind fuck at 43. Clarked it the first time, made myself do it again and got under it, almost wanted to go down on my knee but saved it then lost the bar behind me. Fuck! Tried again and lost it in front. One more time for good measure and clarked it. Move on.

Clean & 2 jerks
                  Only did about 3 sets and they just felt horrible. Clean was off. Screw it before I hurt myself.

Squats up to 70ish.

Taking my weights with me to the gym this weekend so I can worry about lifting instead of adding. Fuck math.

Comment

• FS
                    74 x 3 (singles)

Sots press 3x10 @23kg (felt good)

Snatch
                    NHNF - barx4, barx4, 20x4, 25x4

Kn/OHS - 25, 25, 30, 30, 35, 38, 40

Flr (pause at knee) - 42, 42, 44, 45 (M), 45 (M)

Hips - 35, 38, 40 (on toes), 42, 44, 46 (M), 46 (M)

Clean & 2 Jerks - 35, 35, 40, 40, 45

Clean & Jerk - 50, 53 (missed jerk), 53, 55

Clean - 58, 60, 63, 66 (M-PR attempt), 66
                    My best clean was 65 and that was probably about a year ago. Ripped my hands on the first 66 attempt.

Split presses - 3x10 @ 35kg

And yes, I have proof.

Comment

• Bench press 5x2 @ 83#
                      Can't remember the last time I've done bench presses, I think it's been a couple of years.

Pendlay rows 3x5 @ 83#

Push press 3x5 63#,73, 73
                      Wrists hurt from the missed clean yesterday

Abmat situps 3x10

Tried some double unders but was off, so screw it....sprints.
                      10x50m sprints.....I have 2 speeds, slow and slower.

Puked. Home and back to bed.

Comment

• Ankle felt a little better today. If I don't turn my left foot out as much I don't feel the strain.

FS
                        75 x3 (singles)

Sots 3x10 @23

Snatch - NHNF - barx2x4

Snatches from a board (forefeet off the board - doubles)
                        28 (hips to see how that felt)
                        This had me all messed up trying to figure out my start position. I have videos that I will post tonight.

Clean & 2 Jerks
                        50 - no jerks
                        Trying to work on using my hips and not my back for my cleans.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshidragonaga View Post
                          Good luck!!!!!!!
                          Thanks Mie! I'm going to need it.

Afternoon session:

FS
                          81 (M)
                          I'm really disappointed in my squats. Ankle was hurting this round.

Pendlay rows
                          20x5
                          25x5
                          30x5
                          35x5
                          40x3x5 the 5th rep on each one I couldn't touch

Split press 3x10 @ 25 (behind the neck)
                          These were hard. Probably wore myself out with the rows.

I don't know. My jerks have felt really weak the last couple of weeks. Maybe because of my back?

Comment

• Sots 3x10 bar only
                            I have a knot in my back that was hurting today. Hoping it doesn't turn into a popped rib. Ice.

Warmed up with muscle snatches and nhnf

Snatch - board/dbl
                            28 - ugly
                            Singles
                            33 - miss
                            33 - no board just to see how it felt, hopped back and landed on heels so I guess it's working

Hang Clean & 2 jerks (knee)
                            45 - jerks were horrible

Hang clean
                            Easy breezy

FS
                            At about 70 I can feel it in my ankle. 75 was a struggle.

Took videos again. Will post tonight. Maybe.

Comment

• Rib felt fine today so I must have gotten my rib back in. Was pretty tired though.

FS

Snatch from board/dbl

Sngl
                              30 (M)
                              Snatches were horrible today. I think because my back is tired. Just having a really hard time with my start position and getting my knees back.

Clean & 2 Jerks
                              50 - missed 2nd jerk

Split presses 3x10 @ 25kg

I'm tired. 2 weeks till the meet. At this point I just want to try and stay healthy...well get healthier. I'm tired and cranky and just really need to get laid. I'm pretty sure that would help my lifts.

Comment

• At the gym today so in pounds.
                                FS - 83, 103, 123, 133, 143, 153, 163, 168, 173, 178, 183, 188 (M)
                                Haven't been able to get a bounce ever since I hurt my back. And this ankle strain is making it worse.

Sots press 1x10 @53
                                I have a kink in my neck, this immediately hurt at the base of my skull giving me a headache. I go in Monday to get it adjusted. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Snatch (board/dbl)
                                53, 53 (missed 2nd one), 53, 63, 63, 73
                                These felt okay, still feel of. Board wasn't that high but I just feel all over the place.

High pull/snatch (board - thought I'd try something different, felt like I was swinging the bar still)
                                73, 78, 83, 88, 88 (pressed out)
                                I liked the feel of these. I think it will help with keeping the bar closer. (video)

Clean & 2 Jerks
                                88, 88, 103
                                Jerks didn't feel good at all. Wasn't locking them out, weight was just bouncing back down on me.

Jerks from rack (behind the neck - videos starting at 123)
                                103, 103, 113, 118 (eh), 118, 123 , 128, 133, 138 (M)

FS - 143, 153, 163, 168, 173, 178 (M)

Push press
                                5 @ 53, 63, 73, 88
                                3 @ 98

Comment

Working...
                                X