+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Better then yesterday

Had a good meet. Maybe because I wasn't expecting to do well since I was injured and didn't train well at all a few days before.

Snatch:
    35 - Good
    40 - Missed behind
    40 - Good

Clean & Jerk
    51 - Good
    56 - Good (manage to get it even though my stance was a bit narrow and I didn't recover well)
    60 - Miss (if I had just gotten a bit lower and bent that back leg)

New PR Total: 96

I'm happy with it. Would have been better if I had made that 60. Felt like I held it forever, I wanted to lock it out so badly.

Overall, very pleased. Have Monday off so I will train with them. Going to try to do a double day.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Coach Pendlay! What an amazing man.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Great pic!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Back in the gym. I had gone Monday and Tuesday but had really crapping lifting. Turns out my neck and back were out of alignment again. That always effects my lifting. I also tweaked my elbow on Tuesday so I wanted to rest it. Went in yesterday.

Coach had me do:

Snatch pulls (doubles) - 47.5kg
    Clean pulls (doubles) - don't remember what weight I went up to
    Glute ham raises
    Rubber band pulls http://californiastrength.com/videos...g-back-workout
    DB rows @ 35# - haven't done these in forever and they hurt!
    Abs
    Jump rope

Double workout today. Went in at 9 lifted pretty light. Than trained again at 2 going heavy. Was able to hit 45 on the snatch even though it seemed to take forever. Cleaned and jerked 55, cleaned 60 but it took everything I had so I ended it there. I'm happy with my workout though. I think I did okay for the most part.

Snatches were from the high hang yesterday. Worked up to 47.5 (missed 3x) dropped weight down and started from the floor. Up to 40. Lifts were going to hell so moved on to CJ.

Cleans felt heavy. Did cleans with a double jerk up to 40. Than singles up to 52.5.

Squats
    3x5 @65 ; haven't squatted in a while
    3x5 @35 push press
    2x10 dumbbell rows @ 20#
    double unders

I thought of you today while I was training arms.. I waited until there was absolutely nobody around before I went into the squat rack to do my standing curls...
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold 8180 View Post
    I thought of you today while I was training arms.. I waited until there was absolutely nobody around before I went into the squat rack to do my standing curls...
    Lmao!!!

Good training today. Jon (North) coached me and it helped. It's always nice to be cued differently especially if you're not getting it the first (few thousand) times.

Snatches - worked up to 44kg from the ground. Really just working on finishing that 2nd pull. I tend to try and sneak under the bar right after I hit it.

Clean and Jerks - worked up to 60kg. Kept missing 60 which drives me nuts because I'm so close. I'm under it but I can't seem to lock it out and it bounces back down on me. That and I'm not getting behind my head. Tomorrow I'll work on behind the neck jerks off the blocks.

Did a few reps with 45 - clean & double jerks

squats 3x9 @ 65

Double unders & singles 3x100 (1st set all double unders, the next two mixed)

Popped a rib again. Probably going to be too sore to lift tomorrow...we will see.

just stopping by, been along time since ive been in the supplement world, S&C isnt very profitable and I barely afford to take protein/multis anymore
    glad to see your getting more and more off the xfit bug
    keep it up with pendlay in time i am sure he will bring you fitness & performances beyond your imaginations.
    ommy kono has 2 great easy to read books & the USAW coaching courses are also very valuable, I may do the senior coach this summer
    jdiritto

Quote Originally Posted by FeMind View Post
    just stopping by, been along time since ive been in the supplement world, S&C isnt very profitable and I barely afford to take protein/multis anymore
    glad to see your getting more and more off the xfit bug
    keep it up with pendlay in time i am sure he will bring you fitness & performances beyond your imaginations.
    ommy kono has 2 great easy to read books & the USAW coaching courses are also very valuable, I may do the senior coach this summer
    jdiritto
    The seminars are great. I've done both the Pendlay and USAW seminars. Day by day, getting there.

Lifted today..finally. Haven't lifted since Monday. Popped a rib again and it's finally feeling better. Didn't lift anything spectacular. I'll do a double day Monday.

Glenn coached my son today. Did kettlebell cleans, than had him learn the snatch from the high hang and ended it with squats. He did really well. He'll probably be a better lifter than me lol.

Good training day today. Did a double workout with the team. They are always inspiring.

Morning session:
    From the floor (snatches) - worked up to 30
    Clean n Jerks - worked to 35

Afternoon session:
    Snatches from the high hangt
    Singles up to 42.5 (missed 42.5 a couple of times) (going up 2.5kg increments on all lifts)
    Dropped weight down back to 25(doubles high hang) up to 35 than singles
    38.5 - good
    40 - good
    42.5 - good
    45 - good
    47.5 - (pr) nailed it
    50 - missed in front (first time EVER lifting 50)
    50 - missed behind
    50 - missed behind
    50 - missed behind

I was so pissed, I was so close. I really, really wanted it but had to let it go.

Clean n Jerks (from the floor, single)
    60 - missed jerk
    60 - AND IT'S GOOD!!! Wasn't pretty but it's a make! PR
    62.5 - Clarked
    62.5 - missed the jerk
    62.5 - almost dropped that thing on my head...went down on my ass

Squats (3 reps)

Decided to do the meet on the 21st. We shall see. My back is still bugging me a bit. I got a gift certificate for a massage. Think I'll get that done before the meet. See if it helps loosen me up.

Lifted yesterday but it wasn't a good day. Kept it light, not really by choice.

Good day at the gym. Spencer helped me out today. Worked most snatched from knee or ground then knee (doubles). Really working on sweeping the bar back and finishing my pull. Clean and Jerks were nothing special. C&J to 52.5, cleaned 55 and moved on to front squats. Worked up to 75kg. Went for 77.5 but didn't bounce out of it so I dumped it. And in case you are wondering who Spencer is...here's a video of him goofing around doing a CrossFit workout. And no, he does not CrossFit. This was for fun and just to do something different.

Did my first CrossFit WOD in over a year today. What the fuck was I thinking.

5x5 Deadlift

Didn't want to destroy my back for lifting so I dropped it back down.

Than: 10 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
    5 lunges on right leg
    5 lunges on left leg
    10 pull ups
    10 push ups

I barely got 3 rounds. Push ups were the worst. Used a 25#kb for lunges. I was dying. No endurance at all. I think I'll be coaching at at this new gym. I don't know how much CrossFitting I'll be doing. I still want to lift. I have a meet next weekend so no CrossFit next week. But I will be throwing them back in from time to time.

Wouldn't say today was a great workout seeing as I couldn't Jerk to save my life but everything else went okay. Pausing at the knees seem to be helping with my lifts. Missed 47.5 (snatch) a few times but hit a nice 45. Worked Cleans up to 60. Could have done more but didn't want to over do it because I want to train Monday.

Life's ups and downs have kept me busy. If it's not one thing, it's definitely another.

Been trying to get back into CrossFit but it's tough. Trying to build my lungs back up is just dreadful. I do feel better when I'm done though...kind of. I miss weightlifting. I'm going to order some bumpers so I can train at home as well. A lot of things going through my head lately that I'm trying to sort through. The exercising has definitely helped. Even if I'm able to forget my problems for 10 minutes. It's still 10 minutes of peace of mind.

I had to run today. I really hate running.
    I have training at work tomorrow so not sure if I'll be off work on time to train but even if I get a small workout in at home it will be better than nothing.

Rest day yesterday. I've been in training (for work). I was so tired when I got home yesterday I just crawled into bed and was asleep by 8pm. But I did get in 10 hours of sleep which felt great.

Trained at home today in the garage. I'm loving it. Going to order more bumpers this weekend.

Worked on snatches and clean and jerks. I won't lie. I really miss lifting all the time but the CrossFit is just making me more well rounded fitness wise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information